Hyperbaric oxygen therapy (HBOT) has been shown to significantly reduce injury inflammation and ameliorate pain. HBOT can also promote fibroblast/collagen activity to accelerate and enhance healing from surgeries and wounds.
Hyperbaric oxygen therapy is a widely used treatment by many elite athletes for recovery from muscle injuries and can help athletes achieve full recovery from high-impact insults to the body. The therapy is currently used by some of the U.S. Olympic Teams to treat sports-related injuries as a part of their official medical techniques and equipment. New evidence supports HBOT as an adjunct and practical treatment to help moderate the effects of traumatic brain injuries, such as those experienced in football and similar sports.
BENEFITS OF HYPERBARIC OXYGEN THERAPY FOR SPORTS-RELATED INJURIES
Studies have demonstrated the following benefits of HBOT for sports-related injuries.
ACCELERATE RECOVERY FROM SPORTS-RELATED INJURIES
- Increases Collagen Production
- Reduces Inflammation and Pain
- Faster and Better Recovery from Sprains, Tears and Bone Fractures
- Stimulates Angiogenesis
- Enhances Recovery from Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) and Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) Injuries
- Decreases Susceptibility Towards Reinjuring Target Areas
- Rapid Recovery from Concussions and Head Injuries
- Improves SPECT Imaging Results
FASTER RECOVERY FROM SURGERIES
- Increases Fibroblast Activation
- Reduces Inflammation for Optimal Pre-Op Conditions
- Reduces Risk of Infection
- Stimulates Stem Cell Proliferation
- Decreases Hospital Time
AMPLIFY RECOVERY FROM INTENSIVE TRAINING
- Accelerates Healing from Acute Muscle Strain
- Improves Blood Flow
- Proliferates the Production of Adenosine Tri-Phosphate (ATP)
- Improves Concentration
- Increases Serotonin Levels
- Accelerates Jet Lag Recovery
- Decreases Lactic Acid
Information on this website is provided for educational purposes only. It is not intended as a substitute for the diagnosis, treatment, and advice of a qualified licensed professional. This website offers general information and in no way should anyone consider that this website represents the practice of medicine. This website assumes no responsibility for how this information is used. Also note that this website frequently updates its contents, due to a variety of reasons. No statements or implied treatments on this website have been evaluated or approved by the FDA. It is important that you do not reduce, change, or discontinue any medication or treatment without first consulting your doctor. Please consult your doctor before beginning any new program of treatment.